try one’s best to do sth
spare no effort to dosth
make joint/combinedefforts to do sth 共同努力做某事
go to great lengthsto do sth
devote/commit/dedicateoneself to doing sth
commit one’s wholebeing to doing sth 全身心投入做某事
do sth with everyfibre of one’s being 全身心投入做某事
反：face up tosth and never shrink from doing sth 直面某事，做某事不退缩
2. 尝试做某事 try to do sth
attempt to do sth =make an attempt to do sth
have a go at doingsth
takeeffective/immediate/concrete/relevant/forceful action/measures/steps to do sth
被动也不错：Immediatemeasures should be taken to address the problem.
Measures should betaken to address the problem without delay.
play animportant/vital/essential role (in sth)
be of vitalimportance to sb/sth 类似be of greatvalue/benefit to sb/sth
双重否定表强调：Nothingis of more importance than sth.
sb attach(much)importance/significance to sth
lay emphasis/stresson sth
stress the importanceof sth
give priority to sth 优先考虑，优先处理
双重否定：We cannever lay too much emphasis on sth
某事做主语：Sthshould be high on one’s list of priorities/be at the top of one’s agenda
turn a blind eye tosth; turn a deaf ear to sth
By no means should weignore/neglect/overlook the importance of sth
sb tend to do sthàhave a tendency to do sth
There is a tendencyfor sb to do sth
sb be likely to dosth
It is likely thatsb/sth will do sth.
There is a highpossibility that… = Chances are that…
be bound/sure to dosth
have no choice/alternativebut to do sth = can’t choose but do sth
某事使某人别无选择sthleave sb with no choice but to do sth
take sth intoconsideration/account
take it into consideration/accountthat 从句
keep sth in mind
keep it in mind that 从句
take sth for granted
take it for grantedthat 从句
A havepositive/negative/far-reaching/side effects on B
A do/cause (great)harm/damage to B
have theright/freedom/opportunity/motivation/desire/magic to do sth
have (great)trouble/difficulty (in) doing sth
A set a good exampleto B
A act/serve as a rolemodel to B
B follow the exampleof A
B follow in thefootsteps of A
call on sb to do sth
appeal to sb to dosth = make an appeal to sb to do sth
raise one’s awarenessof sth = make sb aware of sth
make sb have a betterunderstanding of sth
反面：The lack ofawareness of sth will stand in the way of doing sth 意识的缺乏会阻碍…
think twice beforedoing sth
put oneself in sb’s shoes
see sth from anotherangle/a different angle
sth remind sb of sth
sth set sb thinking 注：set alarm bells ringing 敲响警钟
to a certain/a largedegree/extent
in/over theshort/long term
28. 变得越来越流行 become more andmore popular
become increasinglypopular = gain increasing popularity
sth has become a hit 已经变成风靡一时的流行/成功
29. 问题变得日益严重 The problem isbecoming increasingly serious
sth is becoming moreof a problem
sth has become aheadache 成为令人头疼的问题
with the rapiddevelopment of the Internet/people’s living standards
as the internet isdeveloping at a fast rate
31. in a world of informationexplosion 在一个信息爆炸的世界
in the era of globalization 在全球化时代
in a society where money isvalued most 在一个…(如金钱至上)的社会
from the bottom ofone’s heart
wholeheartedly= heartand soul
withoutdoubt/hesitation/delay/ reservation/loss of enthusiasm/loss of confidence
35. whatever thesituation/circumstances/reason,… 不管是什么情况/理由
regardless of anypossible difficulties 不顾任何困难
broaden one’shorizons and expand one’s scope of knowledge 开阔视野，拓展知识面
boost one’sconfidence and inspire one’s motivation 增强信心，激发动力
enhance one’swillpower and contribute to one’s future success 增加意志力，促进未来成功
form correct valuesand morals 形成正确的价值观与道德观
overcome difficultiesand conquer obstacles/challenges 克服困难，征服阻碍/挑战
resist the temptationand stick to our principles 抵制诱惑，坚持原则
share our sorrows anddouble our joys 分担悲伤，分享喜悦
drive away ourloneliness and get rid of our tiredness 驱走孤独，摆脱劳累
keep a positiveattitude and pursue our dream with diligence and persistence 保持积极的态度，勤奋坚持得追求梦想
cherish what wealready possess and pursue what we truly need 珍惜我们已经拥有的，追求我们真正需要的
reflect on ourmistakes and give thought to ways to correct them 反思错误，思考改正方法
we should first takea deep breath to calm down before… 在做某事前首先深呼吸冷静下来
Recognizing (theseriousness/gravity of) the problem is the first step (that we should take)towards solving it.
e.g. Without goals,we would be like ships with no destination, in which case we might endup getting nowhere.
【注：as 表“正如”的结构都很百搭，但也很可有可无， 如as we all know, asis often the case, as far as sb/sth is concerned, as sb put it等】
e.g. It is ourheart-warming gestures towards people in need that can make a differenceto the world we live in.
Not only should we…，but also we ought to do…表“既要做，又要做”“既可以，又可以
Under nocircumstances/By no means/On no account/ In no case should we…. 我们绝不能…
Only in this way/by doing sth/ when… canwe…
e.g. So shameful are these behaviorsthat they stain the reputation of China.
Such a meaningful event is thestreet store program that I am willing to participate in it.
e.g. Convenientas/though digital reading is, it will not replace traditional reading in amillion years.
【注：用despite也很高级 Despite the convenience of digital reading, it will….; Despite thefact that digital reading is very convenient, it will…】
e.g. Were I a participant of this event, Iwould appeal to my friends to get involved in it.
4. 祈使句，+and/or +完整句子 （放在结尾段，表“呼吁、做什么等”，也很不错）
e.g. Smile at our life, and we are sureto get a smile in return.
1) Thereis no doubt that … 毫无疑问的是
2) Thereis no denying that… 不容否认的是
3) Thereis nothing ambiguous about sth/the fact that… 关于…是很明确不模棱两可的
4) Thereis no need to do sth 做某事没有必要
5) Thereis no point/sense in doing sth 做某事没有意义
6) Itdoesn’t make (much) sense to do sth 做某事没道理/意义
7) Itis no good/use doing sth 做某事没好处/没用
8) Itis high/about time that sb did/should do sth 是时候做某事了
9) Itis high on the agenda that sb should do sth 做某事是当务之急
10) Thetime is ripe for sb to do sth 做某事的时机已经成熟了
11) Itgoes without saying that… 某事是不言而喻的
12) Itis likely that … = There is a high possibility that… = (The) chances are that …很有可能
13) Itis not uncommon for sb to do sth; It is not uncommon that sb do sth 某事很常见
14) Itis a must for sb to do sth 做某事是必须的
15) Itdoesn’t matter that… What really matters is that… …不重要，真正重要的是…
16) Whatimpresses me most is that…使我印象最深刻的是…(what主从+表从可广泛应用)
17) Itis not A but B that really counts (for much). 不是A而是B才是真正重要的
18) Itis A rather than B that make a difference. 产生影响、发挥作用的不是A而是B
19) Itis important/necessary for sb either to do A or do B 某人要么做..要么做..是很重要/必要(等)的 【注：此句亮点在选择关系，it做形式主语的主从就很普通了】
20) Ais…, and it is the same (case) with B.= and B is no different. A… B也是如此
21) Thisis especially true when it comes to… 当提到…这一点也很适用
22) (Doing)sth is the key to doing sth (做)某事是…的关键，很重要
23) Doingsth is also a good choice/a wise option. …也是一个不错的选择/英明的抉择
1) Whenit comes to…, I hold the view that … 当提到…，我认为
2) Isubscribe to/applaud/am in favor of/ stand up for/ can’t agree more with one’sviewpoint that … 我赞同某人…的观点
3) Everycoin has two sides, and sth is no exception. 凡事有利有弊，…也不例外
4) Justlike a double-edged sword, sth has both advantages and disadvantages. 就像一把双刃剑，…既有利也有弊
5) Thereasons why … can be listed as follows. 某事的原因可以罗列如下
6) Thereare many factors that can account for sth 有很多因素可以解释某事
逻辑关系 although –>despite the fact that…
环保话题live in harmony with
1) sb/sthhas become a household name 家喻户晓
2) ablessing in disguise 伪装成坏事的好事，祸中有福
3) stopeating for fear of chocking 因噎废食
4) lookon the bright side (of sth) (对坏情况)，看到光明的一面，持乐观态度
5) Everycloud has a silver lining. 黑暗中总有一线光明，困境中也有积极面
6) astepping stone towards success 通向成功的垫脚石
7) climbthe ladder of success 攀登成功的阶梯
8) keepthe sacred lamp of friendship burning all our life 使神圣的友谊之灯长明
9) Whereothers see failure, they see possibility. Where others see a closed door theysee an open window.
10) Whenone door of opportunity closes, another will open.
11) Ifwe try hard enough, we are sure to find an open window where others only see aclosed door. （化用名句）
12) Everyfailure is a stepping stone towards success, and we keep learning along theway.
13) Aproper goal is like a lighthouse, guiding us in the darkness towards the rightdirection.
14) Wecan find in real books the peace which has almost disappeared in a chaotic andfast-paced world.
15) Life is like a winding path surrounded by flowers, butterflies anddelicious fruits, but many of us blindly spend much time looking for happinessaround the next corner.
16) Only when we make good use of the precious time can we win therace against time.