泰戈尔《飞鸟集》中英文金句摘抄

★Truth in her dress finds facts too n she moves with ease.

“真理”穿上衣裳,发现“事实”太过矜持。只有在想象中,她才能行动自如。

★He who wants to do good knocks at the gate;he who loves finds the gate open.

那些想行善的,在外面敲着门;那些陷入爱中的人,却看见门敞开着。

★As we place a him or her in our hearts,we make another heart who houses us suffer endlessly.

当我们的心里住进一个他(她)的时候,我们屡屡让另一颗收容我们的心饱受煎熬。

★Do not insult your friend by lending him merits from your own pocket.

不要把你口袋里的功绩借给你的朋友,这是在侮辱他。

★Dream is a wife who must talk,

Sleep is a husband who silently suffers.

梦是喋喋不休的妻子,

睡眠是默默忍受的丈夫。

★To be outspoken is easy when you do not wait to speak the complete truth.

如果你不拘泥于说出全部真相,畅所欲言会变得轻而易举。

图片

★If you shut your door to all errors,truth will be shut out.

如果你把所有的错误拒之门外,那么真理也会被关在外面。

★Truth in her dress finds facts too n she moves with ease.

“真理”穿上衣裳,发现“事实”太过矜持。只有在想象中,她才能行动自如。

★By plucking her petals you do not gather the beauty of the flower.

摘下花瓣,并不能得到花的美丽。

★Power takes as ingratitude the writhings of its victims.

强权者常将受害者的诉苦视为忘恩负义。

★The cobweb pretends to catch dewdrops and catches flies.

蛛网假装要擒住露珠,却逮住了苍蝇。

★“The learned say that your lights will one day be no more.” said the firefly to the stars.

The stars made no answer.

萤火虫对繁星说:“学者们说你的光明总有一天会消失。”繁星不予回答。

★The world has kissed my soul with its pain,asking for its return in songs.

世界以痛苦来亲吻我的灵魂,却要求我用歌声作为回报。[世界以痛吻我,我却报之以歌。]

★Either you have work or you have not.

When you have to say,"Let us do something",then begins mischief.

或者你在工作,或者你没有。但当你开口说“我们来做些什么”时,就是准备要胡来了。

★The water in a vessel is sparkling;the water in the sea is dark.

The small truth has words that are clear;the great truth has great silence.

杯中的水熠熠闪烁,海中的水却漆黑无边。浅显的事理可以用文字阐释,而伟大的真理只能长久沉默。

★It is the little things that I leave behind for my loved ones—great things are for everyone.

我把小礼物送给我的爱人——却将大礼物留给全人类。

★Sit still,my heart,do not raise your dust.

Let the world find its way to you.

静坐吧,我的心,不要扬起你的灰尘。让世界自己寻找通向你的路。

★A mind all logic is like a knife all the hand bleed that uses it.

完全理智的心,有如一柄锋利的刀。它会让使用者的手流血。

★The bow whispers to the arrow before it speeds forth—“Your freedom is mine.”

弓对即将离弦的箭低语:“你的自由就是我的自由。”

★By touching you may kill,by keeping away you may possess.

盲目的接触,你也许会被杀害;保持距离,说不定会获得成功。

★Measure yourself first before mocking the unsatisfied failures of the others.

在嘲笑别人的成果不尽人意之前,不妨先斟酌自己的实力。

★“I cannot keep your waves,”says the bank to the river,“Let me keep your footprints in my heart.”

河岸对河流说:“我留不住你的浪花,就让我把你的足迹留在心里吧。”

★The service of the fruit is precious,the service of the flower is sweet,but let my service be the service of the leaves in its shade of humble devotion.

果实的贡献是珍贵的,花儿的贡献是甜美的;让我做绿叶那样的贡献吧,谦逊地、专心地垂着绿荫!

★Life has become richer by the love that has been lost.

生命因为错失爱情而更为丰裕。

★Man is worse than an animal when he is an animal.

当人类是野兽时,他比野兽更糟糕。

★The love which could no longer be covered,steals through the twilight and built up the very milky way in the sky.

暮色掩盖不住的爱情,点点滴滴渗透出来,形成了天上的银河。

★The false can never grow into truth by growing in power.

虚伪永远不会因为生长在权力中而变成真实。

★We live in this world when we love it.

我们热爱这个世界,才生活在这世上。

★Truth raises against itself the storm that scatters its seeds broadcast.

真理激起了反抗它的风暴,风暴则把真理的种子播撒开来。

★Blessed is he whose fame does not outshine his truth.

有福之人,是因为他的真实比他的名誉更耀眼。

★The silent night has the beauty of the mother and the clamorous day of the child.

静谧的黑夜拥有母亲的美丽,而喧哗的白天满怀孩子的天真。

★The world loved man when he smiled.The world became afraid of him when he laughed.

人类微笑时,世界爱他。人类大笑时,世界便怕他。

★That love can ever lose is a fact that we cannot accept as truth.

“爱情会失去”这句话,是我们无法当作真理来接纳的一个事实。

★Man's history is waiting in patience for the triumph of the insulted man.

人类的历史在耐心地等待被侮辱者的胜利。

为您推荐